Grilled Pineapple with Lime Zest – oh so right! A wedding took place in my home last week. Grilled Pineapple married Lime Zest and it was a total surprise. My husband and I were contentedly loading our plates with all things grilled and yummy (chicken, onions, peppers and pineapple) when I heard a soft voice say, “I love you and want to marry.” I realized the pineapple was talking to, and staring at, the lime zest with serious intentions in his eyes. I had great plans for the zest, so I asked the pineapple if he was sure. He said, “Trust me!” I told him the zest was a sassy little thing and he was so sweet; I wasn’t sure their marriage would work. He was insistent, assured me it was a match made in cordon bleu heaven, and so I obliged. As the ceremony ended, the lime kissed the pineapple and taste buds went craaazy.Who would have thunk it? The green with the yellow, the sweet with the tart – perfection! Grilled Pineapple with Lime Zest is the best culinary marriage since the strawberry discovered cream. Just like in any great union, each personality brings out the best in the other.
The lime zest said to the pineapple, “You are so sweet and sunny.” The pineapple said to the zest, “You are tart and sassy.” Then each said to the other, “We complement each other perfectly.”
Thank you for your vision, pineapple. This marriage will surely take the golden anniversary pineapple upside-down cake.
Grilled Pineapple with Lime Zest
- Fresh pineapple - peeled cored and sliced
- 2 limes - zest
- Lime juice opt.
- Prepare the grill with hot coals.
- Peel, core and slice pineapple into 1/4" slices
- Brush pineapple slices lightly with canola oil.
- Place pineapple on the grill over the hot coals.
- Grill each side 3-4 minutes or until pineapple is caramelized to your taste.
- Place pineapple on a serving dish and sprinkle with lime zest.
- (optional - If a stronger lime flavor is desired, sprinkle lime juice over the pineapple.)
- *See notes.
*To serve as appetizers, cut pineapple into bite-size pieces and pierce with a toothpick (or place toothpicks nearby).
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Thank you for visiting Simply Sated. I would love for you to join my mailing list to ensure you see each newly posted recipe.
Sign up today!