The sun was shining on my plate as I looked at my helping of Grilled Pineapple Avocado & Corn Salad. The salad seemed to glow, looked like gold and brought to mind gold-miners from much-loved Westerns of my childhood. Hope this post provides a little chuckle as you enjoy your very own portion of this delicious salad.
I found gold in them thare food-bloggin’ hills. I was diggin’ deep in that fer-tile soil where all foodies go for at least some of their cookin’ creativity – a place they call the internets. I was lookin’ for some inspirein’ ways to use leftover Grilled Pineapple with Lime Zest. All of a sudden, I beheld a thang of beauty; sal-sa that looked like pure gold. I didn’t trust my eyes at first. I thought it must be fool’s gold, but I knew I had to give her a try.
I used shovel, pick and ax and panned out only the best and biggest of them golden nuggets. I chopped, rinsed and swirled until everything was just right then I chomped down on the biggest golden bite I could find. Gosh-dang-it and Hallelujah! I had me some real gold! Real gold I say!!This gold is juicy, sweet & sour, crunchy and burstin’ at the seams with flavor. I won’t call it sal-sa. I call it salad, so I can spoon a big helpin’ on my plate, shovel it in my mouth then go in for second-helpins’.
I have a serious hankerin’ for more of this gold. I’ll admit I’m kind of skeered. I’m afeared I might meet my maker just like so many forty-niners have before me, face down in a pan of gold. But my, oh my, what a way to go!
Grilled Pineapple, Avocado & Corn Salad
- 1 lime – zest and juice
- 1 t honey
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado – pit removed and flesh diced **see note below
- ¼ cup sweet yellow or Vidalia onion – diced
- ¼ cup sweet yellow or orange pepper - diced
- 2 slices Grilled Pineapple – then cut into tidbits
- 1-2 T fresh cilantro – chopped
- ½ can Green Giant Steam Crisp Super Sweet White Corn - drained
- ½ medium jalapeno – seeds and vein removed – diced
- ½ c cucumber – diced
- This salad is versatile. There are so many options so have fun choosing ingredients.
- Place all ingredients except the avocado in a medium bowl.
- Gently mix until well combined.
- When ready to serve, add the avocado then mix very gently and serve immediately.
Grilled Pineapple, Avocado & Corn Salad makes a terrific salsa served with chips/crackers. If serving as a salsa, cut the fruit and vegetables into smaller pieces.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Thank you for visiting Simply Sated. I would love for you to join my mailing list to ensure you see each newly posted recipe.
Sign up today!
Becky (The Cookie Rookie)This looks awesome mom!! I cannot wait to try this one!
Susie GallThanks, Bec! I know you will love this salad/salsa. This has become one of our favorites. Too bad I never fixed this when you were still living at home:-)