Easy is nice; easy is good and EASY SALTED CARAMEL APPLE PIE (made the easy way) is, you guessed it, easy! It is also delicious.
I used store-bought pie crust and salted caramel sauce in this recipe and the pie came together very quickly. Of course, if you have favorite recipes for caramel sauce or homemade crust such as my daughter-in-law’s delicious Homemade Pie Crust, they would substitute beautifully.
Salted Caramel “anything” is all the rage right now and Salted Caramel Sauce is available in most grocery stores. The world has gone gaga over any food associated with this delightful concoction and I understand the craze. We have fallen in-love with all things sweet & salty. My Salted Toffee Oyster Crackers are my husband’s favorite snack.
I do want to start making my own pie crust but, the fact is, each time I’m ready to plunge elbow-deep into the flour bin, I back away slowly and tell myself, “Not today Sugarplum, not today!” I know it isn’t difficult. I know it doesn’t take much time. I just don’t want to fool with it and, for now, I’ll keep it as a goal.
Please don’t judge and just remember, we all have our own gifts and mine is not homemade pie crust (not yet, anyway). I keep reminding myself Earth won’t stop mid-spin to shake me off into space if all ingredients aren’t homemade.
I know you will love Easy Salted Caramel Apple Pie – especially with a dollop of ice cream drizzled with your store-bought Salted Caramel Sauce. You will also love how easily this pie comes together. I know I did.
Salted Caramel Apple Pie
- Pie Crust enough for a 2-crust pie – your favorite
- ½ jar Salted Caramel Sauce – your favorite
- ¼ cup Hazelnuts toasted & chopped - optional
- 4 Apples *See Notes - 2 Granny Smith & 2 Gala – peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Fresh Lemon Juice from 1 lemon
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter cut into 8 smaller pieces.
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Turbinado or raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Position oven rack to lower-middle third of oven and place a foil-lined baking sheet on top.
- Place one pie crust in a pie or tart pan and, using a fork, poke holes across the bottom of the crust.
- Place apple slices in a large bowl, sprinkle with lemon juice & mix well.
- Sprinkle the flour and apple pie spice over the apples and mix well.
- Place the apple mixture on top of the crust.
- If desired, sprinkle the hazelnuts over the apples.
- Drizzle salted caramel over the apples – use an amount to suit your own tastes.
- Dot the caramel-drizzled apples with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Cut the second pie crust into strips and place them over the apples in a crisscross pattern.
- Brush the top pie crust with the egg wash (egg & water mixed together) and sprinkle with Turbinado or raw sugar.
- Bake at 400F for 45 minutes or until the top crust is golden.
If desired, substitute your favorite homemade Salted Caramel Sauce and/or Homemade Pie Crust for store-bought.
*Using only 4 apples creates a tart-like thin pie, if you like a thicker pie, use two more apples and one more tablespoon of flour.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Thank you for visiting Simply Sated. I would love for you to join my mailing list to ensure you see each newly posted recipe.
Sign up today!
Linda (Meal Planning Maven)My hubbie will go crazy over your gorgeous pie! I hope to be able to try it soon!
Susie GallThanks Linda and thanks for coming by. I hope your hubbie loves it. Happy cooking:-)
Dan from Platter TalkMasterfully done, I can only imagine how great this pie must taste!
Susie GallThanks, Dan. Happy cooking!! :-)
Nicole NevermanSalted caramel and apple is my most favorite fruit pie. Yours is stunningly beautiful. I love that sugar on top of that beautiful pastry lattice.