If you are feeling bored with the same – old – tired grilled cheese and want to spice things up a little, you have come to the right place. Pepper Jelly Hawaiian Grilled Cheese just might be the perfect grilled cheese for you.
As with every dish I make, I began with the very best ingredients available. I gathered Hot-Pepper Jelly Spread, Gruyere cheese, Mexican-blend cheese, fresh pineapple and the Jones Dairy Farm Family Ham I had recently cooked with my Hot Pepper Jelly Glaze.
I was introduced to the wonderful world of Jones Dairy Farm products a couple of months ago and could not be more impressed. Their sausage, which I used in my Wild Rice, Jones Sausage & Apple Stuffing, tastes fresh and is full of flavor. Their Family Ham is lean, has the perfect touch of sweet/salty and the perfect texture. It is gluten-free and delicious. All Jones Dairy products are natural and have no artificial ingredients, and even though this family-owned company began 125 years ago, their goal is still to provide all-natural, high-quality products for all to enjoy.
Pepper Jelly Hawaiian Grilled Cheese does take slightly more effort than your average grilled cheese, but that just means you will appreciate it even more. Toasty, buttery bread, Jones ham, hot pepper jelly, caramelized pineapple and shredded Gruyere cheese all meld into the best, grilled cheese – ever!
Poppi: “I love that song, that’s my favorite song.”
Sweet D: “That’s my FAVE-o-rit song.”
Poppi: “That’s my favorite song, too.”
Sweet D: “NO, it is MY fave-oh-rit song, Poppi.”
Poppi: “Oh, I didn’t know it is your favorite song.”
Sweet D: “Yes! Okay?”
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Jones Dairy Farm, but all opinions are my own.
Pepper Jelly Hawaiian Grilled Cheese
- 8 slices Italian French or any bread you love – cut diagonally into ½” slices.
- 4 slices fresh Pineapple peeled & cored
- 8 tablespoons Butter softened
- 1- tablespoon Canola oil
- 8 slices Jones Dairy Farm Family Ham sliced thin (or to your liking)
- ¼ cup Hot Pepper Jelly
- 1 cup Gruyere Cheese shredded
- 1 cup Mexican Blend Cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Hot Pepper Jelly
- Dash of Nutmeg
- Peel, core and slice fresh pineapple into ½ inch slices.
- Heat 1-tablespoon canola oil and 1-tablespoon butter in a large skillet and bring it to medium heat.
- Place pineapple slices in the hot skillet and cook until it turns more golden and edges have caramelized. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to med-high heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and place 4 slices of bread in the hot skillet butter-side down.
- Spread a thin layer of Hot Pepper Jelly over the top-side of the bread.
- Top the pepper jelly with slices of ham, pineapple, both cheeses and a sprinkling of nutmeg.
- Top each sandwich with the other piece of buttered bread – butter-side up.
- Once the bottom bread has turned golden brown, carefully flip the sandwich over to toast the other side of the sandwich until it is golden brown.
- Remove from the skillet, cut in half and…