Do me a favor, please. It will take only a second. Put your hands together then clap loud and fast. I doubt you can tell, but my Hot Fudge Sauce with Frangelico just took a bow.Oh my goodness gracious sakes alive! I have always liked store-bought hot fudge sauce, but I love this homemade hot fudge. The basic recipe is fantastic but adding Frangelico hazelnut liqueur takes it to the next level – the level where I am tempted to stick my finger in it every time I open the fridge. What is that you say? Ok – the level where I do stick my finger in it every time I open the fridge.
I’m also tempted to do this, but haven’t allowed myself the pleasure – yet! Whether drizzled over my Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcake or even poured over a single scoop of vanilla ice cream, Hot Fudge Sauce with Frangelico is the perfect choice.
I love this recipe because it is delicious, easy and I always have all the ingredients on hand. I know you will love it, too.
Homemade Hot Fudge with Frangelico
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico or other liqueur (Amaretto would work well)
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla and Frangelico in a saucepan and slowly bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 7 minutes then remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and Frangelico.
- Carefully pour chocolate mixture into a blender (or use a hand-blender) and blend well, 3-4 minutes total.
- (Blending the sauce makes it even creamier and worth the effort.)
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.