Bacon Nutella Krispies. What isn’t there to love? Pepper bacon, chocolate hazelnut spread, krispie cereal & marshmallows – are you kidding me?
I fell in love with Nutella several years ago while visiting Bamberg, Germany. The hotel where we stayed served an incredible breakfast buffet every morning. There were many types of cheeses, hard-boiled eggs, soufflés, crusty rolls, fresh butter and homemade jams, peppered bacon, thin-sliced meats, salmon and caviar. There were also individual packages of Nutella. I had never heard of Nutella, but knew it was made with chocolate. I will try anything chocolate, so I dipped my finger right in. Whoa Nelly and holy cow!! Chocolate mixed with hazelnuts. I loved it so much I wanted to share with my family. That very day I purchased several small jars (glass jars) of my newly found treasure to haul back to the States as gifts. After we returned home and the day after sharing my gifts with loved-ones, I was shopping and guess what I saw on the shelf at my local grocers? Yep, Nutella!! I had no idea it was even sold in the U.S. let alone in my small city. Every time I see a jar of this delicious treat, I get a chuckle.
My relatives were gracious and never told me my very special gift brought all the way from Germany could be purchased at the neighborhood grocery store. I owe them and now have the perfect idea for paying off that debt. Bacon Nutella Krispies. I know they will love these.
Bacon Nutella Krispies
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 oz. pkg regular size marshmallows
- 1 t kosher salt
- ½ c Nutella – chocolate hazelnut spread
- ½ pkg. pepper bacon – crispy and diced or http://www.thecookierookie.com/oven-cooked-bacon/
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat until slightly browned. (watch closely so butter doesn't burn)
- Add marshmallows and kosher salt and stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread until melted.
- Add cereal and crispy bacon.
- Stir until well combined with a wooden spoon or spatula that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour cereal mixture into the pan.
- Press mixture firmly into the pan. A sheet of wax paper placed on top, then pressed down firmly works well.
- Cool and cut into 2-inch squares or cookie-cutter shapes.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Thank you for visiting Simply Sated. I would love for you to join my mailing list to ensure you see each newly posted recipe.
Sign up today!