One thing I love about Hawaiian Ham Sliders is you can treat them almost any way you want and they will still love you and make you happy. Make them your own by adding hot-pepper jelly, a little mayo, other cheeses, olives, green pepper, other meats, peppers (sweet or hot), bourbon sauce, caramelized onions – the list is limited only by your imagination.
Hawaiian Ham Sliders
- 12 whole Hawaiian Rolls halved horizontally
- 12 slices Cheese Swiss or Provolone
- 12 slices Ham thin-sliced
- 8 tablespoons Butter unsalted
- 2 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced dried onion or onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- For Garnish or as a side: Fresh Pineapple strips seared or grilled then cut into chunks - optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine butter, sugar, mustard and Worcestershire Sauce. Microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds until butter is melted. Add poppy seeds and mix well. Set aside.
- Place the bottom half of the buns on the lined baking sheet. The buns should be touching.
- Place one slice of ham and one slice of cheese on each bun.
- Pour butter mixture over the sandwiches.
- Cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 5-10 more minutes or until the cheese has melted, butter/sugar mixture has begun to caramelize and tops are slightly browned & crisp.
- Garnish with a seared pineapple chunk - optional
- Serve warm.
These sandwiches can be cooked, cooled, wrapped and refrigerated to eat later the same day. Cover loosely with foil and reheat in the oven when ready to serve