Maybe I’m having a difficult time because my brain is really focused on solving these universal questions.
- What exactly is in the mysterious stuff called “dark energy?”
- Are we alone in the universe?
- Is time-travel truly possible?
- How long can humans eventually live?
- What is the fate of our universe?
Hmmm? I better concentrate on Valentine Krispie Treats for now.
- They are as crispy as they should be and not any crispier.
- They are coyly sweet, but not cloyingly sweet.
- They are easier to make than macarons.
- They are loved by everyone on the planet, almost, and those who don’t love them are just plain weird.
- They can be shaped into any item or landmark, i.e. bracelets, baby rattles, tiaras, octagons, Lady Gaga or even Big Ben.
- They can be your favorite color and become what you want them to be.
- They can be decorated with any sweet sprinkle or candy known to man.
- They are transportable. Zip them in a baggie, take them through the Sierra Dessert on a camel alongside Robert Redford and they will never crumble. If they melt, no worries! Bob and you can stop at the next mirage stream you see, reshape the treats into water glasses and sip away. Krispie treats never die!
- They can be covered in ooey, gooey, chocolate and other decadent toppings.
- They can be combined with many favorite foods and flavorings, i.e. peanut butter, strawberry, nutella, cookie butter, baking chips, coconut or crickets (if you so wish).
- They look adorable next to pink flowers and a vintage Valentine card.
I’ve answered the top three, but now I’m stuck on Question No. 4. Maybe Valentine Krispie Treats have something to do with it. If they can live forever, why can’t humans?
Wow!! I just answered that unanswerable question. The answer is so simple and makes total sense. We all need to eat a ton of Rice Krispie Treats and, we too, will never die.
Valentine Krispie Treats
- 7 cups Rice Krispies cereal set aside
- 14- ounce package Jet-Puffed Heart Mallows pink strawberry marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Candy for sprinkles - Sixlets Candies or M&M's work well.
- Spray a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, a large microwave-safe bowl and a 9x13 dish with cooking spray.
- Place butter and marshmallows in the prepared bowl.
- Heat on HIGH in the microwave for 1 minute, stir and heat for 30 seconds, stir again. Repeat the process until marshmallows and butter are melted, smooth & creamy.
- Now work quickly!
- Add Rice Krispies and mix until well combined.
- Press Rice Krispies/marshmallow mixture into the bottom of the 9x13 dish and press down firmly with the sprayed spoon.
- Press candies firmly into the top of the Krispie Treats.
- Let mixture cool completely then cut out shapes with Valentine cookie cutters.