I’ve been chanting, “Pecans, and blueberries and pears! Oh my!” all morning. Every time I create a recipe with three main ingredients, the famous phrase from the Wizard of Oz, “Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh my!” comes to mind. I can’t help it, and it happened again while creating Pecans Blueberries Pears & Greens Salad.
I hope my husband thinks I’m just a tad eccentric and not that I’m losing touch with reality. He never knows from one meal to the next what sounds might emanate from the kitchen or, for that matter, what he will see. To be honest, I don’t think he cares one bit as long as a fantastic dish like this salad is the result of my cooking antics.
Pecans Blueberries Pears & Greens Salad is one of the simplest salads to make and one of the most delicious, especially when accompanied by Basil Green Goddess Dressing. I actually created the dressing to be served along with this particular salad. The dressing is a little bit savory, a little bit sweet and is the salad’s perfect companion – kind of like Dorothy and Toto.
There was a full production going on in my kitchen today. By the time Jeff found enough courage (like the Cowardly Lion had to do) to face his fears and enter, I was belting out “Follow the Yellow Brick Road” and skipping around the kitchen island. I’m sure Jeff was wondering if I had been sneaking snoozes in the poppy patch.
Pecans Blueberries Pears & Greens Salad
- 2 cups romaine lettuce bite-size pieces
- 2 cups curly-leaf lettuce bite-size pieces
- 1-2 Red Anjou pears cored & thinly sliced
- 1- cup fresh blueberries or ½ cup dried blueberries Trader Joe’s Dried Wild Blueberries work well
- ¼ cup honey roasted pecan pieces Fresh Gourmet Honey Roasted Pecan Pieces work well
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Basil Green Goddess Dressing http://www.simplysated.com/basil-green-goddess-dressing/
- Croutons optional
- Mix together all ingredients except the dressing.
- Serve with Basil Green Goddess Homemade Dressing and (if desired) croutons.